MIGHTYSERV HEATING & COOLING FAQ
Your HVAC Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) Answered
Here at MightyServ, we understand that your heating and cooling systems are complex. If you experience a problem or have a question, it’s hard to find the right answer. That’s why we have compiled answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about HVAC systems and services. Read on for helpful information about our company, our services, and the HVAC systems we can help you with. If you still have questions, give us a call at (818) 348-4768 or contact us online.
Working with MightyServ
You can get service when you need it because of our focus on service instead of the easier new construction. In order to make certain that we have technicians available to meet your service needs, we focus on repair services and replacing equipment that breaks down rather than spreading ourselves too thin and getting involved in new construction.
This commitment of time and resources means that when you have a problem, a repair specialist will be available to fix it. Plus, our NATE-certified technicians are well-versed in repairs and service, so they will be knowledgeable in diagnosing and fixing your problem, fast!
Yes we do! MightyServ proudly offers financing options and seasonal rebates. Check out our specials & promotions page to see the latest deals.
Flat rate means that the price you’re quoted is the price you pay – no extras added on, and definitely no hidden fees. Flat-rate pricing is our way of guaranteeing that you get excellent service and a fair price every time you call.
Absolutely! Financing is a great option to get the equipment you need today without having to pay for the full equipment price up front. There are many surprising benefits to HVAC financing, like being able to combine financing with special rebate promotions, which can make a new HVAC system more affordable than you think. We’ve teamed up with GreenSky®, who offers special financing with approved credit.
You could service your system when you feel like it–the same way you can give your car an oil change when you feel like it. But, just as your car’s performance will suffer if it’s not serviced, so will your home comfort system.
The longer you go between HVAC maintenance services, the more time that dust and dirt can accumulate and the less efficient your system is. A maintenance agreement schedules your system’s tune-ups automatically. We keep up with when your system needs to be checked out and we schedule it so that you don’t have to worry about figuring out when to give us a call. Plus, Maintenance Agreement customers get priority service and discounts on any repairs they may eventually need. It’s a win-win all around!
Here are some of the most common HVAC contractor scams:
- Goes door-to-door with high-pressure selling tactics
- “Can’t find” his contracting license
- Just happens to have materials left over from a previous job
- Only accepts cash payments
- Asks you to get the required permits
- Does not list a business number in the local telephone directory
- Says your job will be a “demonstration”
- Pressures you for a decision
- Asks you to pay for the entire job up-front
- Strongly suggests that you borrow money from a lender the contractor knows. Be careful, or you could lose your home through a home improvement loan scam.
If you’re planning a home improvement project, there are lots of great contractors to choose from. But remember, not all contractors operate within the law.
Make sure that a contractor is licensed and reputable. Ask your friends for referrals and ask the contractor for references. You can also research contractors with the Better Business Bureau, state and local consumer protection officials, and your state licensing agency.
Energy Efficiency and HVAC
Here are some of our best tips for keeping your energy bills low:
- Replace your filters monthly and replace as necessary to save energy and reduce dust and pollen in the air
- Raise the temperature setting when you go out to reduce operating costs.
- Close drapes to keep out the hot daytime sun, especially on south- and west-facing windows – sunny windows make air conditioners work two to three times harder
- Use a programmable or learning thermostat – set it and forget it!
- Shade your air conditioner from direct sun to reduce its workload
- Consider replacing old appliances with new energy-efficient models
- Weather-strip windows and exterior doors
- Schedule a tune-up for your heat pump or air conditioner since maintenance is the number one factor in system inefficiency and failure
- Install ceiling fans–the air circulation promotes cooling in the summer and heating efficiency in the winter
How do you really offer energy-savings guarantees? Isn’t that up to the equipment, not the installer?
It’s true that a lot of the efficiency of your system is based on the type of equipment you select (which is one reason we only carry reputable brands). However, even the best equipment installed incorrectly will cause you to lose energy. We’re able to guarantee energy savings because of the equipment we provide and our tested installation techniques.
Yes. Our commercial HVAC services include installation, repair, and maintenance of commercial equipment across the San Fernando Valley.
Investment in your facility can be nerve-wracking, so choosing a trustworthy and long-term partner is a top priority. We made this simple list of tips for hiring a commercial HVAC contractor. There are several misconceptions about HVAC companies – so make sure you hire a professional company you can count on.
And if you are planning to install new equipment, consider this guide for business owners on a commercial HVAC installation.