The only way you can get the most out of your HVAC system is if you maintain it in the best way possible. However, many homeowners are lost when it comes to how their AC systems or heating setups work, simply because no one took the time to tell them about it.
MightyServ has solid tips for homeowners who want to take the time to know about their heating and cooling systems and how to maintain them every month.
1. Check your filters every month. You can schedule this task along with your monthly cleaning. For units that have DIY filter cleaning capabilities, make sure to clean them every month.
2. You have to clear the furniture and blockage from all your vents to see if the air is circulating well.
3. Every month, check the batteries on your thermostat. Problems with your thermostat could make your whole system go haywire.
4. Check your smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors every month. Ask a professional from MightyServ to check for the smoke levels and carbon monoxide levels in your home.
5. During winter months, check for ice and snow buildup in your chimney and roof. These can disrupt your HVAC system so much that the damage can even bleed to the structure of your home.
6. When summer comes along, schedule a regular maintenance visit with your HVAC professional. This way, any repairs that need to be done can be scheduled before the weather changes.
7. Test your heating system before the winter months come begin. Turn your cooling system on before summer starts. This way, any problems are identified and repaired before the seasons roll in.
Knowing how to maintain your system every month is important for the longevity and well-being of your heating and air conditioning unit.