Few of us get excited about household chores. Cleaning gutters, swapping filters, and vacuuming dark corners isn’t exactly how most of us envision spending our weekends. Still, your home is your biggest investment, so maintaining it is a must! With the new year approaching, it’s a great time to reflect on your home maintenance. It’s tough to remember all the things a Los Angeles homeowner needs to do on an annual, semi-annual, or quarterly basis. Follow our home maintenance schedule, and you’ll stay on top of things. Your home will thank you!
Automate Your Home Maintenance
Many homeowners feel shame or guilt for not keeping up with all the required maintenance. A helpful tip is to automate your maintenance. Many home service providers offer maintenance programs. Once you’re signed up, the home service company will plan your maintenance out for you.
Here at MightyServ, we offer a worry-free maintenance plan to help homeowners take HVAC maintenance off their to-do list. All of our membership plans include scheduling support – that means you don’t need to remember to call. We’ll call you!
Why HVAC Maintenance is So Important
We’re biased, but for good reason. HVAC maintenance is one of the most important pieces of home maintenance for several reasons. Sure, we rely on our air conditioners and furnaces to stay comfortable. But an HVAC equipment that’s not functioning properly can spell trouble. A tuneup can alert you to any safety issues, like a crack in your furnace which could cause a carbon monoxide leak. Also, an AC or heater running at reduced performance will dramatically increase your energy bills. It can’t be said enough – HVAC maintenance is essential to the safety and comfort of your family!
Home Maintenance Checklist for Los Angeles Homeowners
With this easy to follow schedule, you’ll be able to fix up your home with small improvements over the next 12 months. Check out this handy graphic below, and get started on home maintenance today.
Monthly Home Maintenance Tasks
- Change Your HVAC Filters
- Clean Your Oven Range Hood Filter
- Clean Your Kitchen Sink Disposal
- Inspect All Fire Extinguishers
- Clear Away Dead Shrubs or Plant Growth Near Your Home
Quarterly Home Maintenance Tasks
- Test All Smoke & Carbon Monoxide Detectors
- Test Garage Door Openers and Safety Sensor
- Clean Garage
- Check Water Softeners for Salt Levels
- Repair Grout in Kitchen and Bathrooms
- Wash All Windows
- Clean Dryer Vent and Other Exterior Exhaust Vents
Semi-Annual Home Maintenance Tasks
- Deep Clean Your Home
- Schedule HVAC Maintenance
- Flush Your Hot Water Heater
- Check All Exterior Locks in Your Home and Replace as Needed
- Clean Your Gutters
- Vacuum Refrigerator Coils
- Change the Direction of Ceiling Fans
Annual Home Maintenance Tasks
- Inspect Your Home’s Roof and Siding for Damage
- Repair or Replace Damaged Window Screens
- Replace Caulking & Weather Stripping as Needed
- Declutter Basement and Closets
- Paint Exterior Trim
- Patch Cracks in Driveway and/or Walkways
- Repair or Replace Broken Sprinkler Heads
Call us for HVAC Maintenance in the New Year!
Home maintenance is all about prevention. Minor problems can turn into big problems. Sometimes that transition is slow and other times it happens fast. Preventative maintenance only works if you remember to do it! So, keep our schedule handy throughout the year to help you remember. Consider signing up for maintenance programs with your favorite local service providers to ensure you complete the tasks. If you’re interested in scheduling HVAC maintenance or signing up for one of our HVAC maintenance plans, call us anytime!